Working Relationships Programme for Students
Working Relationships Programme for Students
All the soft skills and professional skills you will need in your career.
12 months comprehensive soft-skills program – R900 per person
All students under 23 years with a valid SA ID number can take this course for R350.00
WHAT IS COVERED
Month 1: Performance Detox – SHIFT HAPPENS
Improve the performance of your team by getting everyone motivated to give their best, creating the foundation for immediate positive change
Get rid of negative attitudes and habits
- Taking Ownership of Your Life:
Success is determined by the choices you make! Every action has consequences, positive or negative.
2. Personal Branding:
Who are you and what do you stand for?
3. Settling into a New Work Environment:
New people are often either desperate to impress their new colleagues, or screw up unintentionally. ‘Over or under doing it’, can certainly make life a lot tougher for you!
This section is helpful for existing employees and teams as well, assisting them in getting back on track or fixing current issues in their environment
Month 2: Basics for results – SALT & PEPPER
Now that you have decided what you want, we’re covering the basics so that you can
- Personality Types:
The number one request: “How do I deal with people who are different to me”
Identifying and understanding the different personality types will support you to develop positive relationships and build rapport with people
2. Plan Strategically: (in every position, not only managers)
Turn good ideas and dreams into a reality
3. Create and Instill a Culture within your Organisation or Department:
Any successful organisation or team lives by an entrenched set of powerful values. Once your employees understand, adopt and respect these values, these are the principles that govern and direct employee’s decision making and behaviour
Month 3: Customer Service Principles – GOOD AS GOLD
If you’re not giving your customers EXCEPTIONAL service, a competitor will!
- Times Have Changed – keep up with the economic climate
- Attitude & Building Rapport:
People buy more from people they like!
3. Communication Skills:
Stop wasting time fixing poor impressions and misunderstandings
4. Customer Service:
If employees understand the customers’ needs, they will gain the confidence to deal with them professionally
Month 4: Emotional Intelligence – MENTAL FLOSS
It’s the most sought-after skill for a very good reason. People with emotional intelligence get results through people and get what they want – 80% of time
Everyone needs to make more of an effort to understand their own and other’s feelings, to create win-win situations and relationships. The way we act, respond and treat others is a choice.
Month 5: POWER
You may have tired of dealing with people who fail to understand your needs, make the same mistakes, behave poorly, or simply do not do their work correctly. In most instances, this can be corrected by having an honest conversation.
- Assertiveness Skills:
Most people’s natural disposition is to communicate in a passive or aggressive manner. Assertiveness training is vital for all individuals, as it’s a learned skill – it’s highly unlikely that you were born with it. GET PEOPLE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY!
2. Feedback Skills:
3. Coaching – Introduction to Teaching and Reinforcing Skills:
Individuals often receive basic training, so they may be productive in the work place. In order for them to improve on the basics and become proficient at what they do, they will require further coaching. Most staff are usually asked to assist with this process but have had no guidance in executing this skill.
Month 6: LIQUORISH ALL SORTS
Additional skills that can make an enormous difference to an individual and the business.
- Being Pro-active:
A mindset that solves problems!
2. Responsibility & Accountability:
It’s a no-brainer why we cover this. It’s just become too easy to say… “I tried”.
3. General Questions & Work Ethic:
We will answer various complicated questions we have received over the years, such as, “How do I deal with favouritism?”, “My boss expects me to work in my breaks and overtime?”, “How do I deal with colleagues who do not do their work, and then my manager expects me to do it?”. And many more. We’ll answer with brutal honesty! Be respected, rather than being treated poorly.
4. Telephone Skills:
This is often the first contact the public will have with you. Make it amazing! In our experience, it’s one of the most neglected and frustrating areas.
5. Written Communication:
Your personal and company’s reputation and professionalism will be judge on your written correspondence. Times might be changing, but it still matters!
Month 7: PENNY WISE
Save, save, save – time and money!
- Caring and Saving for your Business
All employees need to be educated with regards to the impact they have on any business. This module will save you buckets!
2. Time Management:
We’ve all heard that time is money. In this era time is also sanity.
Month 8 & 9: Learning how to sell – AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW..
Every individual will benefit from learning sales skills, even though it’s aimed 100% at sales staff. Everyone is selling SOMETHING! It may not be a product, but it may be ‘selling’ an idea or a proposal, or perhaps it may be getting others to co-operate with you. This will help everyone to get more of what they want
- Psychology of selling
- Genuine sales approach
- Getting referrals & spotting opportunities
- Cold calling
- Identifying needs
- Presentations and pitches
- Negotiation skills
- Overcoming objections
- Close the deal – Make saying yes simple
- Up and cross-selling
Months 10, 11 & 12: The Management Modules – ONE DIRECTION
The aim is to get everyone to move in one direction, with all their actions directed to achieve the common goal. Together everyone achieves more = TEAM
The content was written specifically for current, acting, new and aspiring managers, supervisors and team leaders. However, everyone is constantly managing something or someone. You’re indirectly managing colleagues, other departments, suppliers, your boss, friends, family, you name it. So, this too, will be beneficial for everyone.
- People Management:
- Planning & Organising
- Support – Managing Performance:
- Controlling Performance:
- Managing your Colleagues
- Managing your Manager
- Managing Friends
- Managing Suppliers
- Dealing with New Employees
- When they are Dropping Standards
- Interviewing Skills
- Facilitating Productive Meetings
- Problem Solving
- Creating a CV and Prepare for Upcoming Interviews
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Service and front-line staff
- Sales staff
- Administration and operational staff
- Team leaders, managers and supervisors
- Business owners
- Individuals (yes, most of the content can be applied to your personal life)
- Students wanting to prepare themselves for the working world
THE CONTENT IS APPLICABLE TO:
- All industries – we have experience in training across all industries
- To individuals aspiring to improve their personal or professional lives
THE CONTENT WILL SUPPORT YOU TO:
- Take ownership of your life
- Guide your choices to achieve your goals
- Draft a strategic plan to achieve your goals
- Instill a positive culture in your environment
- Improve service levels
- Increase your sales
- Manage people: teams, suppliers, colleagues, supporting departments, managers
- Improve relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues, friends and family
- Understand personality types
- Create a healthy work ethic
- Create a culture of ownership, accountability and self-discipline in the workplace
- Develop a goal-orientated mentoring and leadership style
- Create a dynamic and results-driven working environment
- An on-line test will need to be completed after each month’s work
- The pass mark is 90% – so that the qualification has value and it’s clear that participants learned and understood the content
- Once the program has been completed and passed, a certificate of completion will be awarded.
Each month’s content will be released in 30 day intervals. On sign up, the first month’s content will be available and month 2’s content will be available 30 days thereafter and so on. This will give you time to reflect on and implement the content learnt before moving onto new content. However, you will have unlimited access to previous months’ content as long as you are a subscriber.